- In a discussion about racial controversies on reality TV the actress, 56, recalled a time the former president’s daughter, 39, told her: ‘Wow, you speak very well’
- Fox told host Andy Cohen: ‘I hate to say it, I don’t think she knew at the time that she was insulting us. I really think that she thought she was complimenting us’
- Independence Day star Fox appeared on Trump’s Celebrity Apprentice in 2015
- She added: ‘She [Ivanka] was like, ‘Oh wow you guys are intelligent”
- Tweets at the time show viewers calling Ivanka’s comments ‘very offensive’
- One said: ‘Ivanka Trump: you certainly are an articulate group… Said after hearing Vivica and Keisha speak. #Girlbye #CelebrityApprentice #thatsracist’
Vivica A Fox has accused Ivanka Trump of making a racist comment towards her during her time on Celebrity Apprentice.
In a discussion this week about past racial controversies on reality TV the actress, 56, recalled the time in 2015 when the former president’s daughter, 39, told her: ‘Wow, you speak very well.’
Fox was speaking during Thursday’s For Real: The Story of Reality TV when she told host Andy Cohen: ‘I’ll never forget that when I did Celebrity Apprentice, and Ivanka Trump, she said, ‘Wow, you speak very well’.
‘I hate to say it, I don’t think she knew at the time that she was insulting us. I really think that she thought she was complimenting us.’
Cohen replied: ‘I don’t think she knows now.’
Fox, who has starred in Independence Day and Empire, appeared on Celebrity Apprentice – hosted by the Trumps – in 2015.
She added: ‘She [Ivanka] was like, ‘Oh wow you guys are intelligent’.
‘I’m going to say, when the show aired, Twitter went crazy, like, ‘What does she mean?”
Ivanka has not commented on the claims.
Tweets at the time the show aired show viewers calling the comments ‘very offensive’ and asking: ‘How should they sound?’
Another said: ‘Ivanka Trump: you certainly are an articulate group… Said after hearing Vivica and Keisha speak. #Girlbye #CelebrityApprentice #thatsracist’
In response to Fox’s comments Cohen replied: ‘Think of the layers and layers of white people that saw a cut of that show and aired it and they said, ‘Oh, this is great’.’
In a 2005 interview Donald Trump himself had suggested racially dividing contestants, telling Howard Stern: ‘It would be nine blacks against nine whites, all highly educated, smart, strong, beautiful people, right? Do you like it?’
Current President Joe Biden waded into a similar controversy in 2007 when he called then-presidential candidate Barack Obama ‘articulate.’
‘I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man,’ he said at the time.
He was forced to apologize after some said he had caused offense.
‘I deeply regret any offense my remark in the New York Observer might have caused anyone. That was not my intent and I expressed that to Sen. Obama
Meanwhile, Actress Vivica last week weighed into the relationship drama surrounding Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson, after it was alleged he ‘hooked up’ with model Sydney Chase in January.
Appearing on the latest episode of Cocktails With Queens, actress Vivica did not mince her words as she gave her two cents on Tristan’s alleged behavior, saying: ‘It’s time for Khloe to stop being a damn doormat for Tristan.’