Prince Harry wants to forget he was like his ‘legend of banter’ grandfather Prince Philip in favour of ‘woke persona’ which ‘distances him from any wrongdoing,’ royal expert claims

124
  • Prince Harry, 36, has chosen to ignore less than favourable gaffes by burying them under ‘woke cushioning’, royal expert has claimed
  • Said royal hopes ‘newly created persona will distance him from any wrongdoing’ 
  • Added unlike late grandfather Prince Philip, there is ‘nothing funny’ about Harry

Prince Harry wants to forget his similarities to ‘legend of banter’ Prince Philip and has adopted a ‘woke persona’ which ‘distances him from any wrongdoing or offence,’ a royal expert has claimed. 

According to Thomas Mace-Archer-Mills, founder of the British Monarchists Society,  the Duke of Sussex, 36, has attempted to devise a ‘new persona’ in a bid to put some distance between woke Harry and the fact he was ‘heir’ to the Duke of Edinburgh, who was renowned for his cheeky one-liners.

Advertisement

‘The Duke of Sussex has chosen to ignore and forget his less than favourable gaffes by burying them under several layers of political correctness and woke cushioning, in hope that his newly created persona will distance him from any wrongdoing or offence he caused when his gaffes were knowingly made,’ the royal expert claimed, speaking to The Daily Star. 

‘Harry used to be like his grandfather, he had charisma, and charm – he was able to also use humour as a tool, but this is where the similarities end.’ 

He went on to say how there is ‘nothing funny’ about the Duke any more and that Harry, unlike his grandfather, is unable to use humour in his favour – adding that ‘not only have times changed, so has Prince Harry.’ 

The royal expert also recalled how the royal used to be a ‘lad’s lad’ but claimed that the once ‘happy go lucky chap’ is nowhere to be seen since he took the decision to step back as a senior royal in March 2020, and move to America with wife Meghan Markle and their son, Archie. 

Paying tribute to his later grandfather when he flew to the UK to attend his funeral last month, Prince Harry light-heartedly summed up Prince Philip as ‘master of the barbecue, legend of banter, and cheeky right ’til the end’.  

‘If there were any aspirations on the part of Harry to be the heir to Philip’s “legend of banter”, then those very aspirations are sadly misconstrued, misunderstood, and misguided – a failure,’ said the royal expert. ‘With the passing of Prince Philip, so went the last of the Windsor’s great gaffes.’

Last week, Prince Harry sparked outrage in the US, the country that welcomed him when he fled from British royal life, after describing the First Amendment – one of the country’s most cherished founding principles – as ‘bonkers’. 

Harry – who fled British royal life to live in luxury in California last year and has since made a fortune through American companies like Netflix and Spotify while living in California – made the comments on Dax Shepard’s podcast on Thursday.

‘I’ve got so much I want to say about the First Amendment as I sort of understand it, but it is bonkers.

‘I don’t want to start going down the First Amendment route because that’s a huge subject and one which I don’t understand because I’ve only been here a short time, but you can find a loophole in anything. You can capitalize or exploit what’s not said rather than uphold what is said.’

Many Americans who’d embraced him and reacted sympathetically to his comments on Oprah were angered by the remarks, as were Brits. 

Speaking of the royal’s remarks, Thomas Mace-Archer-Mills told how the previously ‘relatable and fun’ Prince Harry who could ‘appeal to anyone’ is now a ‘partisan, divisive, talking head that chastises and lectures his home nation and belittles his family.’  

He went on to say how he missed the old royal before he turned ‘too serious’ and hit headlines daily.  

The comments come after Prince Harry dropped another nuclear ‘truth bomb’ on the Royal Family during his new five-part AppleTV+ docuseries, The Me You Can’t See.

The Duke accused them of ‘total silence’ and ‘neglect’ when Meghan was suicidal, claimed his father Prince Charles made him ‘suffer’ as a child and insisting he would not be ‘bullied into silence’ when he alleged ‘The Firm’ ‘trapped’, smeared and dumped them.

In candid interviews, Prince Harry said he and his wife felt abandoned by his relatives and this was one of their ‘biggest reasons’ for leaving for California last year.

He told Oprah: ‘Certainly now I will never be bullied into silence’, adding: ‘I thought my family would help, but every single ask, request, warning, whatever it is, just got met with total silence, total neglect. We spent four years trying to make it work. We did everything that we possibly could to stay there and carry on doing the role and doing the job. But Meghan was struggling.’

He added: ‘That feeling of being trapped within the family, there was no option to leave. 

‘Eventually when I made that decision for my family, I was still told, “You can’t do this”, And it’s like, “Well how bad does it have to get until I am allowed to do this?”. She [Meghan] was going to end her life. It shouldn’t have to get to that.’

Royal biographer Phil Dampier said Harry’s trip to unveil a statue of Princess Diana with his brother William on July 1 will now be in ‘grave doubt’, especially after the Duke of Sussex said London is a ‘trigger’ for his anxiety.

And royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams said there is now ‘clearly a huge gulf between the Royal Family and the Sussexes’, while Harry’s biographer Angela Levin called his appearance ‘phoney and embarrassing’.

Harry said that Meghan described how she would end her life while pregnant with Archie in 2019, adding: ‘The thing that stopped her from seeing it through was how unfair it would be on me after everything that had happened to my mum and to be in a position of losing another woman in my life with a baby inside of her, our baby’.

The Duke of Sussex also accused his family of smearing them to the press before their bombshell Oprah interview in March, describing being woken in their £11million mansion by his wife ‘crying in her pillow’ to stifle the noise on the eve of its broadcast. 

‘He said: ‘That’s heartbreaking. I held her. We talked. She cried and she cried and she cried.’

The Apple TV series was released in full online just four hours after his brother Prince William issued an extraordinary attack on the BBC for ruining Princess Diana’s life after her Panorama interview with ‘rogue reporter’ Martin Bashir in 1995.

But despite a judge-led inquiry finally confirming their mother was deceived into doing the show her friends say began a chain of events leading directly to her death in Paris less than two years later, Harry launched yet another full-frontal attack on the Royal Family, who are private exasperated and upset about his constant ‘pot shots’ from across the Atlantic but are unable to respond publicly. 

Advertisement